Saturday, May 13, 2017

Droids, Vehicles and Beasts Oh My

The May 2017 drop for Imperial Assault focuses on droids and a couple of the figs that have bonuses that can impact figs.  So I wanted to see just how many droid figs I have that can benefit from these powers.
 So basically there really aren't that many.  The probe droids show up all the time.  I've never seen the golden boys -- I presume they only appear on the Bespin campaign.  Hera's droid is new as are the evil C3 and R2 clones.  We just played with the medic PC -- it was a lot of fun because they armed it with a 2 red die up close and personal weapon.  Neat. The assassin, C3, and R2 have come up a couple of times.

2 Thoughts.

1 -- I pay a lot of money for figs that don't hit the table much.
2 -- There's a thin line from being within the same style and being derivative.  The 'toons and fan fiction has a hard time with that.  Not a big fan of evil C3 and R2 from a figure perspective.  I'm sure 'toon fans love 'em and the powers on their cards look good.

How about the other types of figs?  What about vehicles?

Wow, I didn't realize there were only 3.  And 1 is just a special character version of a fig we got in the first box.  And then there's the tank.  Mmm.. that tank.  IA figs are normally super high quality -- look at the normal AT-ST.  Then look at the tank.  Then think back about my comment on 'toon and fan fiction.  Mmm.. that tank.

I really hope the Endor box will have speeders.  Like really.  Speeders are cool.  And yes, I was a kid when Return of the Jedi came out.  Ewoks are cool too.  Star Wars is for kids --- always has been.  Critical analysis can hit the road :)

 What about beasts?  Beasts show in every film.  We should have some of those.  And we have a few. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

New Project - Descent 2

Needed a new project so I picked up a new game...   Descent2! I'm a behind the ball on this one.  What seems like dozens of boxed ...

Popular